Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chapter 2: Candice

My hand gripped empty air. I started with disbelief. How? How could this happen? How did it happen? The questions raced through my head. You see I am a time traveller. Yes, you heard me right, a time traveller. With my sister, usually. But this time...

"No." I whispered. I couldn't believe it.

Ever since we were children me and my sister time travelled. It started when we were just 6, but apparently that's normal; to show magic at such a young age that is. We always travelled together. This is all too weird.

I began to observe the world around me. By the looks of it it was the distant future. I began to wander. I seemed to be in some kind of town square. It was busy, a bit overcrowded for my taste at least. Clean, it was very clean. No garbage or anything. Also very natural. Plants and stuff. I looked up. There, thousands of meters up were the highways of this future world. Hovercrafts, stuff I didn't even have names for. Buildings towering so high above me that I couldn't see how they hadn't fallen over yet (the clouds moving in the breeze made them look like they were swaying).

My head spun, as I relized I was very, very far in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment